The Convair CV-580, derived from the original Convair CV-240 commercial model produced between 1947 and 1954, represents a notable airliner. These aircraft exhibit general characteristics such as a twin-engine, low-wing monoplane configuration constructed with all-metal materials. Initially featuring a pressurized cabin with 30 passenger seats, the model evolved into the CV-340, marked by an extended fuselage accommodating additional seats. The later variant, CV-580, resulted from a conversion of the CV-340 and CV-440 aircraft by Pacific Airmotive. The enhanced CV-580 boasted twin Allison 501 engines propelling a four-blade propeller for improved performance, achieved through an enlarged vertical fin and modified horizontal stabilizer. The CV-580 found extensive use in military services worldwide.
Red Box is delighted to present an extensive range of ground power equipment designed for the Convair CV-580 aircraft. This collection includes tugs, ground power units, start power units and more, meticulously crafted to meet the specific requirements of the Convair CV-580.
This includes the 717 and RBFLT 52 tugs.